You don’t have to live with it!
Pain is a warning sign. And the warning has a cause, just like every ache or pain has a cause. Some people choose to cover up the pain instead of correcting the problem.
What do you do?
The nerve-rich facet joints on the back side of each spinal bone are a common cause of back pain. If these pairs of interlocking finger like joints aren’t moving right, they cause painful symptoms.
The discs between spinal bones can be a source of back pain too. The rings of fibrous tissues act as spacers, connectors and shock absorbers for the spine. Trauma can cause the soft, pulpy material in the middle to bulge or herniate, putting pressure on delicate nearby nerves. Once you know the cause, you have several choices in order to treat the problem.
- Bed rest—bed rest can actually delay recovery and make matters worse.
- Physical therapy—exercising already damaged spinal joints can make matters worse.
- Pain medication—this only numbs the symptoms and could allow you to damage
- Surgery—this is the most drastic measure; more than half of back surgeries fail.
- Chiropractic Care—a safe, natural way to treat most back problems. Relieving pain within a couple of adjustment visits and continued care correcting the problem.
Specific chiropractic adjustments can help improve spinal function. We hope you take a proactive stance and seek the chiropractic care we offer. More and more people are choosing chiropractic first!